mercredi 26 février 2014

DIY #2

And, it's another t-shirt. I know, I know.. never mind. I have several ideas, so I am experimenting.

Here I used lace, a plain t-shirt and some hem-it (brilliant stuff btw).










I wanted the design to be on my lower back, and did not want it to show the back of my bra. So I used two pins to delimit the bra area.





With a pen I drew the desired design (here, it's a bird > Not a weird hand as I've been told!). Then I cut it with very small scissors to be more precise.
** Sorry for the color of the picture, I was in a room with only artificial lights. **
DIY with a cuppa tea ♥


Then, turn your tshirt inside out and put some Hem-it all around the design. Now I can see what I have done wrong, and I know what to perfect for the next tshirt :-). Once the Hem-it is placed, cover with a piece of lace. Adjust the size of the piece you want, to not waste lace (it's an expensive fabric !).
Once the lace is where you want it to be, iron it with a damp cloth between the flatiron and the lace. Press for 6 to 8 seconds all the way thru.


 TADAM ! I didn't have the time to take a picture of me wearing the teesh yet, it'll come soon, I promise. But you'll get an idea with this picture:


It was quick enough; it makes a cute tshirt. Now, it is not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with the result, I have to say. For a first go, it isn't too bad !



Information: 

* Lace: Cloth Shop, Dublin > 1/4 meter: 6,80€
* Tshirt: Penneys, Dublin > 2.50€
* Hem-it: Cloth Shop, Dublin > 3,50€


______________________________________________________________________________

And I felt like sharing my Monday breakfast with you:


I am on the late shift this week (10-19), which means that I can go for a run on the morning, have a nice and long shower, and a decent breakfast !

Cheers !




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire